Dr. Ken Berry, MD is a Family Medicine Specialist in Camden, TN and has over 20 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from University Of Tennessee Health Science Center College Of Medicine medical school in 2000. He is affiliated with medical facilities such as Camden General Hospital and Henry County Medical Center.
Dr. Berry is the author of the bestseller 'Lies My Doctor Told Me' which exposes myths and misleading health advice from well-meaning doctors, such as avoiding fat. He also has a very popular youtube channel. Dr. Berry’s own health dramatically improved when he embraced a ketogenic diet.
Has your doctor lied to you? Eat low-fat and high-carb, including plenty of “healthy” whole grains—does that sound familiar? Perhaps this is what you were told at your last doctor’s appointment or visit with a nutritionist, or perhaps it is something you read online when searching for a healthy diet. And perhaps you’ve been misled.
Dr. Ken Berry is here to dispel the myths and misinformation that have been perpetuated by the medical and food industries for decades. This updated and expanded edition of Dr. Berry’s bestseller Lies My Doctor Told Me exposes the truth behind all kinds of “lies” told by well-meaning but misinformed medical practitioners. Nutritional therapy is often overlooked in medical school, and the information provided to physicians is often outdated. However, the negative consequences on your health remain the same. Advice to avoid healthy fats and stay out of the sun has been proven to be detrimental to longevity and wreak havoc on your system.
In this book, Dr. Berry will enlighten you about nutrition and life choices, their role in our health, and how to begin an educated conversation with your doctor about finding the right path for you. This book will teach you:
• How doctors are taught to think about nutrition and other preventative health measures—and how they should be thinking
• How the Food Pyramid and MyPlate came into existence and why they should change
• The facts about fat intake and heart health the truth about the effects of whole wheat on the human body
• The role of dairy in your diet the truth about salt—friend or foe?
• The dangers and benefits of hormone therapy
• New information about inflammation and how it should be viewed by doctors
Come out of the darkness and let Ken Berry be your guide to optimal health and harmony!